Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Blog Design


I began by choosing a template I thought would best suit me. I was drawn to the template that had a strong shade of the colors blue and green. It so happens that those are my two favorite colors and also the colors of my bedroom! Not only are they my favorite colors, I feel like they describe my personality perfectly. The color blue symbolizes trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet. Green is a safe color. It symbolizes self-respect and well-being. I want to give my readers a feel for who I am.

I chose the calligraffitti font for my blog title because of the way it flows. It goes well with the dandelion from the template that is right of the title. It also goes hand in hand with the quote from which I got my title. It is my favorite quote of all time and is from the movie August Rush, “The music is all around us, all you have to do is listen.” The way the title with its calligraffitti hangs in the air of my template reminds me of wind. And just like the wind surrounds us, so does the music. I chose the Trebuchet font for this post because it is easy to read and is not too flashy. I chose Times New Roman font for the post’s title so that like the post it wouldn’t be too flashy, but so you can see the direct distinction between the title and the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment